Monday, September 15, 2008

Need Help! Am Cross-Eyed

You've probably seen my formal living room/dining room before...



The paint color is much more accurate in this pic:


While it's not 100% finished, it's close. As far as the floors go, a quote has been accepted, a job given and a start date promised. Namely, next Monday. With the end in sight, it's time to consider the "fun stuff." Which of course means interior decor.

It'll be a while before we have any real amount of money to spend on living room furniture. But the dining room, well, we already have our table and I am going to paint and reupholster some old chairs. Which brings me to the Waverly fabric to which I have recently become very attached:

Now, should I be bold and use pear?

Be safe and choose black (or dark brown)?




Or is this the perfect opportunity to try out some of that coral I've been thinking about?



One of my favorite versions of this fabric is navy - but I'm having a hard time envisioning navy blue as an accent color in this room. Anyone want to talk me into it?


The fabric will be for the seats of the dining room chairs, and probably for some pillows in the living room.

I have been staring at this fabric, trying to pick a color for the last two days. If you have an opinion, please cast your vote!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be bold, go with the pear!!

Danielle said...

I have to say I agree! That's the one I've been leaning towards.

Anonymous said...

I agree about being bold - most of the choices are safe - but the pear or coral would be stunning. Even if you are most comfortable with neutrals - dining room chairs & living room pillows are accents. So if the pear is calling to you - try it. Worst case - you'll have to redo the chairs & change the pillows sooner rather than later.

Danielle said...

Guess what I just ordered? 12 yards of Waverly lattice fabric in PEAR. Thank you to my two voters!