Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Making of an Au Pair Suite, Vol. II

This post probably doesn't warrant a "Vol. II" designation, as it's more of a continuance of Vol. I, but what the hell...
Here are some pics that my sister's boyfriend, Nick, had on his computer. Nick tells me that when I can't think of anything to write about, I should blog about him - so I'm sure he'll be thrilled with the name-dropping...

This is the doorway looking into Area 3 of the attic before we knocked this wall down and tore out the closet (forgot to mention that yesterday). You can see the same window from yesterday's pics at the back of the unfinished room. This pic also allows for a really great view of the cow border :)

And, part of the aforementioned crap load of old bibles.

Today I went up to the attic with every intention of taking all of the "after" pics. Unfortunately, after taking just two pictures, my camera died. So, here are those two pics to hold you over til I get the rest of them posted:

Looking into the new bathroom from the hallway.


And the hallway itself. The artwork is hiding the electrical box. My sister's idea. Pretty cool, huh?

So, that's all I got before the camera died. Hopefully I'll be able to post some kitchen pics tonight.

1 comment:

cotedetexas said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressive!!!! seriously so! i love blogs that do remodeling befores and afters - they're my favorite kind!

thanks so much for your ultra sweet comment - it made me smile!

thanks again and loving your blog!
Joni