Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dry Ice, Asbestos and a DIY-Crazed Lunatic

What can go wrong, right?

Remember this pic from a couple posts ago? Well, this is what the floors look like when the asbestos tiles come off easily. What they look like when the tiles won't come off at all, well that's a whole different deal. For whatever reason, the tiles in the foyer have made it very clear that they have no intention of parting ways with our beautiful 100 year-old hardwood floors. The solution? Dry ice. Mike is on his way to pick 100 lbs. of it as I type.
Will post on the progress when there is some.

3 comments:

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

I eagerly await your solution to this problem, as I have the same one, but on a concrete slab.

Danielle said...

Hi Christopher,
You can see our account of the dry ice experiment in my latest post. Good luck!

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

I'll be interested to see the photographs. (Or, rather, my better half will, as she's rather skeptical about this whole idea - not that I blame her, given my occasional hare-brained scheme.)