Friday, August 22, 2008

Making Progress! (and getting back on topic...)

The range hood is UP! No more ugly yellow wire sticking out of the wall! I even like the backsplash, which I wasn't so sure about at first. Annnnnd, I have my pot filler in too! What a productive week. I was worried that this area would look too crowded with the pot filler AND the shelves, but I actually think it looks fine. And more importantly, its functional.

Mike only almost died twice during the whole installation! He's a good carpenter, but this stuff was all new to him. He did a great job, besides the almost dying (once by electrocution, once by chop saw). The only injury sustained was a terrible cut on one of his fingers. It was so wide it couldn't even be stitched, so we're just piling on the bacitracin at this point. Glad that's over with!

Just to remind you, this is what the range looked like sans hood and backsplash:

Such an improvement - now I can't wait to get the island going!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT, but, spices should be stored in a cool, dry dark place, as they'll stay fresh and last longer.

Janet said...

Oh - it looks AWESOME! Nice job Mike!!!

Danielle said...

anon, thank you...
I remember some of my parents' spices going bad because they had stored them above the heat of the stove. I am going to have to find a new place for them. Do you think cooking oils would be okay up on those shelves?