Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back...again.

Okay, let's just get this out of the way right now: To all three of my regular readers (two of whom I'm related to) I deeply, deeply apologize for leaving you hanging for so long. I was almost too guilt-ridden to come back at all. Alas, Mike has created yet another blog-worthy wonder structure, so here I am. And, here it is:

Can you tell what it is yet? No, it's not the world's least effective sun porch...


it's also not the world's least effective solar-powered house.

Ahh, we're getting closer...

What has six legs, three windows and a big yellow slide?

Finn and Cullen's new club house, of course!

And there's Mr. Cullen making a cameo in the doorway.

It's not finished yet, but we're almost there. We found the windows (which are nicer than my own) and the slide on craigslist and we splurged on the vinyl siding (also nicer than my own). Luckily, we had some Trex decking left over from our own deck, so Mr. Finn and Mr. Cullen ended up with one high-end club house!

Mike is really giving me a run for my money in the favorite parent category. Good thing I can still make a killer PB & J. I'm also slightly less prickly after a day of not shaving, so I have that going for me as well.

Stay tuned for interior pics. We're thinking granite and recessed lighting. I'm kidding.

1 comment:

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

I'd suggest something other than granite, as it isn't really kid-safe. Perhaps butcher block? That'd be a little bit less painful, I think.

The idea of a high-end treehouse sounds interesting. You'd be able to include so many fancy things that you simply couldn't afford to do on a larger scale. It's like my bookbinding - I buy ridiculously expensive fabrics, but since I only buy a sixth of a yard (and from that can get the spines of a couple books), it's almost affordable.