Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wow! Time Flies...

I can't believe it's been TWO WEEKS since my last post! I literally thought it had been maybe 5 or 6 days. Clearly I'm sleep deprived and a little nutty. Well, I've been trying to put together a nice, long, informative post on the attic renovation. That was where we started when we bought the house and I thought I'd try to catch you up in chronological order. The upside is we have MANY photographs of the attic transformation. The downside is we have MANY photographs of the attic transformation - which makes it difficult for me to clearly and easily tell the "attic story." I do, after all, have a tendency to be a bit long winded. Anyway, I hope to finish up that post in the next couple of days.

Going through a major home renovation with two small children definitely makes things interesting. For example, it's not entirely uncommon for drill bits to show up in the silverware drawer. The kids LOVE touching Daddy's tools. They also LOVE hiding them in crazy places. I always chuckle when I find any of these hidden tools, but the one I found this morning really made me laugh...


Hmm, why is this metal thing stuck next to my mattress? What is this metal thing stuck next to my mattress?


Ahhh, the old putty-knife-in-the-bed-frame. They haven't used this one in a while :)

On a side note, here's me and my handsome husband going to a Fire Department function. He got the Medal of Merit for his work at a car accident - probably why he's so smiley.